Apply for a Grant
- Grants are open to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations and public agencies.
- Only one grant application per organization will be considered. Fiscal sponsors may submit more than one application for different sponsored groups and one for their own organization.
- Only proposals serving homeless women on the Monterey Peninsula will be accepted.
Guidelines and Application
The Fund for Homeless Women seeks proposals from nonprofit organizations that address one or more of the following grantmaking priorities:
- Small grants for emergency assistance: up to $5,000 to support emergency shelter, transportation, and personal care for homeless women.
- Support for innovative ideas that expand emergency/temporary shelter, permanent housing options and/or case management services: $10,000 to $50,000 for initiatives designed to provide emergency/temporary shelter, permanent housing, day programs, or case management services for homeless women.
The fund does not provide direct assistance to individuals. Please see recent grants below for organizations providing assistance.
For more information and to apply please visit our grant application page at the Community Foundation for Monterey County (CFMC) website. As a field of interest fund at the CFMC, the Fund for Homeless Women awards grants to improve the lives of unsheltered women.